With a population of just over 8,500 people, Revelstoke is a thriving community offering wonderful shopping in it’s quaint, historical downtown core, well-appointed museums capturing Revelstoke’s rail, cultural and sporting history, open park spaces and play areas for children, restaurants and pubs.
For activities and fun, summer is a great time of year in Revelstoke. Lakes are open for swimming, kayaking, fishing, sailing and cooling down. Glacier National Park and Mount Revelstoke National Park are popular hiking destinations for visitors from around the globe. All levels of hiking trails attract all levels of hikers from casual onlookers to seasoned trekkers. River rafting, bicycle rentals, fly-fishing guiding, rock climbing, mountaineering and heli-hiking adventures operate in Revelstoke, offering endless opportunity for adventure.
In the winter months, Revelstoke is coated in Selkirk snow and visited by skiers and snowmobilers from December to April. Lift skiing, cat skiing and heli-skiing are accessed from Revelstoke Mountain Resort, as well as North America’s longest vertical ski descent (5,620ft) from the top of the resort. Ice skating, dog sledding, cross country skiing and ski touring are also popular winter pastimes in Revelstoke.
Visitors and residents alike enjoy many festivals and special events that are held throughout the year, including theater and arts, heritage celebrations, concerts, farmers markets, seasonal nightly entertainment in Grizzly Plaza, parades and sporting events.
- Tourism Revelstoke
- Tourism Revelsotke – Special Events Calendar
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Drive British Columbia – Road Conditions and Highway Updates
- 37 restaurants, dining rooms and pubs, 21 motels and/or hotels, 5 resorts, 14 B&B’s, 8 lodges, 2 hostels and 24 campgrounds.
- Full service Community Center, Aquatic Center, Seniors Activity Center, Okanagan Regional Library, 16 parks / playgrounds, 4 tennis courts, 18 hole golf course, arena and curling rink, Nordic ski srea, 2 National Parks, Lake Revelstoke dragon boat and rowing club, mountain bike trails, 250+ rock climbing routes, 50+km of groomed snowmobile trails, horse back riding, river rafting, racquet and squash court, bowling and more. For a full list of activities visit the Revelstoke Chamber of Commerce or a Tourist Information Centre.